Sunday, January 17, 2010

This is a required assignment....gotta love college!

College is probably the one thing I wasn’t really excited about going to in the beginning. It was the idea of leaving all my friends back at home and leaving my parents. I don’t live too far away from home, maybe an hour and a half drive, that is if you drive 80 all the way back. Although that’s the case, it’s still far enough to miss everyone and have that urge to always go home. That’s probably the worst thing about college for me, just being away. I know there is an upside to college too, more freedom, people think they don’t have to do their homework, or don’t have to go to class. I must be one of those goody two-shoes then who always does her work and shows up to every lecture even if there’s one everyday at 8a.m. That must be the stress or the paranoia about it. I feel if I don’t do one reading, or don’t go to one lecture I feel that I’m pretty much screwed for the class. That’s probably not the case, but there’s always that little worry.


For my dorm I lived in a quad the first semester, so four girls to one room, not the best living space, but the girls were sweet and still are. Two of them moved out this second semester so now it’s just me and another girl, which is pretty sweet. This room is huge with just two people, or should I say one. My other room-mate, who is still here, really isn’t here a lot. Sounds kinds weird they way I worded that, but she has a boyfriend and likes to spend time with him. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad thing I’m glad she found someone she can trust really well and have someone this close to her at school. It’s weird though, having this giant room for myself. I know one thing at college I love is my friends from my high school and friends I’ve met. Just this Saturday, a good friend of mine said I could barrow his T.V. for the rest of the semester, I was like, wow this is such an awesome thing for him to do. When he let me borrow it, he didn’t he didn’t have a cable so T.V. shows can be watched on, but then a friend from across my hall said he had an extra one and let me barrow that. I thought, dang, this has been a really good night. It’s people like these two guys that help me get through college. Understanding that even though home is a bit far away, I know my buds are here to help me out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I miss my friends too. Plus i love 8ams and i always go to class because learning is sorta fun....i would stay in college forever if it was so expensive

    ReplyDelete