Saturday, February 13, 2010

Memories of Books

Wow, trying to think of a children’s book that I loved to read when I was young. Honestly, I just looked at the pictures a lot and talked for the characters instead of reading the dialogue. If I had to remember one book as a child is was the book, The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstone. As for my favorite book today, I’m not really all that sure. I guess I have to say Twilight saga, just because it was just a love story that was sweet to read. I guess it was because of the forbidden love that made it the more exciting and passionate to read. One book that I haven’t read or even own, is a book called Things that can Kill you. I’m not sure who the author is, but I found it at a store on the corner or Adam’s and Michigan Av. in Chicago. It was a cute store right by the art museum. When I looked through it, it had pages and pages of everyday diseases and everyday things that can kill people. Sounds bad, but it’s really interesting and amazing to read. It had data about how painful the object or disease is, the time it took to kill someone, how deadly it is, information on the diseases, how common it is in America and famous people who died from it. I seriously smiled when I picked it up because this is definitely the book for me. As bad as that sounds, I’m really interested in things like that. I told myself the next time I go back to Chicago, I’m going to find that book and buy it as a gift for myself. I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment